Friday 23 December 2011

My Bike

I currently own one bike which I use regularly. It shall be the velocipede I use to review accessories and parts.
It's a Create bike, specifically the "Limited Edition Grey Create Freestyle 52cm Fixed Gear/Single Speed Bike". It's discontinued but sturdier than the current models (& a whole lot rarer). 


A Small Review
I've owned this bike for over 7 months and its never let me down. So why have a single sped? Having a single speed in the city makes a lot of sense, no gears to make a whole load of mess & they need less maintenance. Simply convenient, a Create bike does the job. It has a tall ride so the pedals avoid hitting the curb and a good gear ratio. The thicker tyres & stronger forks mean I worry less when mounting/dismounting the pavements or jumping some steps. Its in the free wheel option as there's a few large gradients I have to climb regularly & having it fixed (although being major fun) does get annoying. It has a very good, stiff steel frame allowing the rider  to judge surfaces & best of all, it looks amazing. I have never seen the same model on the road & this bike gets the heads turning. 
- my bike + red create saddle (more comfortable) 

Some minor quibbles: could be lighter, cheap brake pads & rim tape
All in all I would rate it at 4.5/5. For more details on the bike click here.


A London Cyclist

No comments:

Post a Comment